Sunday, March 14, 2010

Seattle

Last weekend we took a trip to Seattle to celebrate my birthday. My birthday is actually today, but Jeff had class Friday night and all day Saturday, so we decided to celebrate the weekend before. We stayed at the Alexis, which is the same place we stayed for our honeymoon. I love the location of the hotel, because it's right by Pike's Place Market. Since it was a fast trip, we spent most our time shopping and eating, both things I truly enjoy. We met our friend Pascal for lunch on Saturday and it was fun to visit and catch up with him.

Later that night we went to Spring Hill for dinner, it's a restaurant we have wanted to try because the chef was featured in Food and Wine as one of the top new chefs of 2009. The food was absolutely delicious. I had the trout and Jeff had the duck. I can't stop talking about the trout, it was the best I've ever tasted and I loved all the flavors that went into that dish. We also had an Fuji apple salad and the mussels for appetizers, both were delicious. For dessert we had the root beer madeleines and we shared an orange julius. We did splurge a bit and got tons of food and I was stuffed by the end of the night, but it was well worth it. The chef was working that night and we ended up sitting close enough to see the food preparation, we both really enjoyed watching the interaction in the kitchen. If you are ever in the Seattle area and need a restaurant recommendation, you should go to Spring Hill.

We had such a nice weekend in Seattle and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Here are a couple of pictures from our trip. Again, I need to remember to take more pictures, I always forget I have the camera.









6 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Cute pictures :) I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Steffy said...

Nice. I really want to go to Seattle. Hope you had a fun B-day

Jessica said...

We will have to try Spring Hill for sure! It sounds delicious!!

Carolyn said...

Love the last picture of Jeff...haha!
Glad you had a good time for your birthday. You guys always have the best food recommendations.

Bekah: said...

Oh la la, that sounds heavenly. I love how much you two always enjoy life and being together. We miss you. I am glad Jeff knows how to spoil his lady ;) So happy you had such a nice birthday.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Cute pics!! Love the flowers!