Saturday, October 9, 2010

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

I love these books! I just finished reading the 11th and last book in The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. It's taken me a little over a year to read them all, not because I'm a slow reader, I love the books so much and I just wanted to spread them out a bit. I truly enjoyed reading all about Mma Ramotswe and her adventures in Botswana.



Jeff and I also loved watching the HBO production of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. We thought it was very well done and the casting was perfect. I love Mma Ramotswe's assistant, Mma Makutsi, she is so funny in the books and I loved seeing her in the TV show. She is definitely a comic relief in the show. The only thing I'm very unhappy about is that HBO does not have any plans to make a season two. What are they thinking?? Anyway, if you are looking for something new to watch, I would recommend adding the Ladies Detective Agency to your Netflix queue.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've heard of that! Thanks for the recommendation!

Kara said...

LOVE those books!! I borrowed the HBO series from our library and thought they were great, too.