Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wintery Weekend

I was under the impression that it does not snow in Portland, but this past week has proved me wrong! Saturday we got another snowstorm. We decided we needed to get out of the house for a few hours, so we took the train downtown to the Portland Saturday Market. I was surprised to see all the vendors out and people shopping even with the awful weather. Here are some pictures of us in the snow at the market.





After we wandered around the market, we tried to find somewhere for lunch. A lot of restaurants and stores were closed due to the weather, but we ended up going to a place called Huber's which claims to be Portland's oldest restaurant. They are famous for their turkey dinner which is served everyday. Jeff and I got hot turkey sandwiches with stuffing, cranberries and gravy served over the sandwich. It really hit the spot, especially on such a cold wintery day.

Sunday has been another snowy day, it was so snowy that church was cancelled. We have been reading and watching a ton of movies. Jeff decided to make Jambalaya, it was delicious. He thinks it needs to be a bit more spicy, but I think it's great the way it is. Here are some pictures of the snow from our apartment.



6 comments:

Steffy said...

Love the snow, when you can stay indoors. I love that they cancel church for some snow. Can't wait to see you guys this week!

Lisa said...

Wow you guys do have a lot of snow. That is so crazy. I hope you can still fly out next week.

Courtney said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, James, it has been colder than usual down here, too - you know, like 55 degrees. Miss you!!

Unknown said...

Even though I was in the snow a week ago it's hard to imagine being that cold when I'm sitting in Florida sweating outside while hitting golf balls. It's so weird! Anyway I hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Brad and Jana said...

Wow cancelled church! You gotta love that every now and again! I think I am already tired of the snow, but there is still plenty to come!:)

Nicole Hernandez said...

Hey Jamie! How was your CHristmas? This is Nikki-hope you're doing well.