Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Goonies

When I was younger, one of my favorite movies was "The Goonies". I remember being so captivated by the plot, I loved it! After seeing the movie, I really wanted to be a Goonie, who didn't? I still love that movie and all the great memories that surround it. So on Saturday, Jeff and I decided to drive to the coast and go to Astoria, the town where they filmed "The Goonies". We got to Astoria in time for lunch, we stopped at Clemente's for some seafood. I had the Cioppino and Jeff had a Albacore Tuna sandwich, both were delicious. After lunch, we walked down main street and found a little bakery called "Lindstrom's Danish Maid Bakery" to grab a little treat. The bakery was very good and I really wish we would have stocked up on some of the bakery items, because it was so good. Definitely a reason to go back. Next thing on the agenda was to find the Goonies house. We had the address and it was pretty easy to find it. As we were arriving at the house, some people were leaving and others had just gotten there, so we were not the only crazy ones paying homage to the movie.


The Goonies House


View of the Columbia River from The Goonies House




I thought this sign was pretty funny


Lunch at Clemente's




Astoria Main Street


Delicious Bakery


Another Picture of Astoria

10 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Loved that movie! We would watch it all the time, but for some reason it really offended my dad. Do they take the Lord's name in vain in that movie? That always offends him.

Courtney said...

That looks like so much fun!! I still can't believe that there are people actually living in the "Goonies" house. Love the funny sign as well.

Jen said...

I loved that movie, too! I actually just watched it a few weeks ago. That sign is funny.

Cefalo Family said...

Tony and I just watched Goonies, oh the memories. What a fun little trip! I think I even asked Tony where they filmed it and we both had no idea. Now we do! My favorite is chunk when he is telling all of his secrets. Good post!

Lisa said...

How cool! That is seriously one of my favorite shows. "Hey you Guys"

"Andy you Goonie"

Nicole Hernandez said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like a nice little weekend trip.

Kara said...

What a fun weekend trip!! yummy food and a little trip down memory lane- perfect getaway :)

Busted Shoelace said...

Lucky. I still ove that movie. A true 80's classic.

Steffy said...

Andy..you Goonie. We watched that all the time. Can we add the house to the tour list?

kim said...

jam!!
so fun i found your blog and i'm loving going through your old posts. oh, i'm so jealous, i've always wanted to go to astoria, after seeing kindergarten cop, i always thought it looked like the prettiest little town. it looks like you guys are having such a great time.