Saturday, January 1, 2011

Food Carts

One thing we love to do in Portland is go to the food carts. The food is always amazing. So a few weeks ago we had a food cart night and invited a few couples to come along with us. Jeff wanted to try a place called Lardo, don't let the name scare you away, the food is delicious. It amazes me how experienced the chefs are who own some of these food carts. One of the chefs that owns Lardo has worked at Gramercy Tavern in NYC and has co-authored a cookbook that was named a New York Times notable cookbook and one of Food & Wine’s top 25 cookbooks of the year.

Lardo is located in a food cart pod called "Good Food Here" and the name does not lie. We can't wait to go back and try some of the other carts. We did get to sample some delicious garlic bread and marinara sauce from one of the other carts. Next time we go back, I'm definitely getting more of that bread. Here are some pictures from our fabulous food cart night.









This is the garlic bread and marinara sauce we sampled, so good!


Jeff with his Porchetta sandwich.


A close up of the sandwich and french fries.


I got the Tuna Melt and I was very happy with my decision.


Katie and Bart


Marc enjoying his sandwich


Brooke refused to be photographed, so this is a picture of her hand and her cauliflower soup.


This is at the second food cart pod we went to. We tried the pizza and were not disappointed. I love this picture, Marc is pretty funny in the background. The guys also had fried pies from Whiffies.


We are trying to stay warm, at this point during the night it was an absolute downpour. Thank goodness we were able to stay dry.


Marc and Brooke, I finally got a picture of her.

We had such a great time with everyone and can't wait to do it again. Hopefully the Matthew's can join us next time, we sure missed them.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Kristian raved about lardo and I never got to try it :( We are missing all of the great food in Portland, and New Seasons!! All we have is smiths close by (boo). We do make a monthly trip to whole foods in Salt Lake, but it's tiny and just not the same!

Bekah: said...

I am salivating and crying...how is that combination even possible?!

WE MISS YOU! And Marc and Brooke! Oh so horribly...

Do you get sick of me saying that everytime I comment!?

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh that looks so good. We will have to try that cart next time we come up.

Anonymous said...

The pictures made me drool. Everything looked yummy. What a fun time.