Sunday, June 28, 2009

Camping Trip

Last weekend we had a great time camping with our ward. I really wasn't sure about the whole camping thing, I just don't camp, but Jeff talked me into going and I had a fun time. The campsite, Cape Lookout, is right on the coast by Tillamook. It was such a nice campground and we had a wonderful time being so close to the ocean. We shared our campsite with the Lyman family. The Lyman's are so great, and we were very excited when we found out we would be camping with them. We got there Friday night and set up our camp. It had been raining in Portland that day and I was afraid that the coast would be the same, but we had great weather, it was just a bit cold. I should clarify, I thought it was cold, Jeff didn't think it was cold at all. There was also a ward BBQ Friday night and it was fun to visit with everyone. Saturday morning Matt Lyman made breakfast for us. He made crab cake sandwiches, along with bacon and eggs. We brought a fruit salad and juice. It was a delicious breakfast. After breakfast we took a walk on the beach and then packed up our stuff to head home. On the way home we drove along the coast before heading back to Portland. It was a nice weekend getaway. I would go camping again, I would just recommend we get a bigger tent, I got a bit claustrophobic in the middle of the night, but overall I had a wonderful time. Here are some pictures of our adventure.



Here is a picture of our tent, again I think we should get a bigger one.

Matt and Jeff making breakfast.

Crab cakes, eggs and bacon.







A Sand Dollar we found walking along the beach.

I love these houses along the coast.

12 comments:

Jennifer Stafford Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

That looks like such a fun time. The coast is so pretty!

Brad said...

Camping is so fun! They never seem to think it is cold, so you have to always pack an extra sweater!

Lisa said...

Wow, that looks fun. I was taking to Dad about going to Camper World sometime. I miss camping. I would agree with you, you need a bigger tent. I'm getting a little anxiety just looking at it.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! This has to be where they filmed Goonies, right? It looks like the rocks and the neighborhood??!! :-)

Cara

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun-I'm impressed that you went camping Jamie-and that breakfast looked really really good! And I think it looks like it was really really cold-I probably would have had to bust out the thermals :o)

Brad and Jana said...

Wow you got some pretty pictures! It looks like a great time!

Nicole Hernandez said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous! So what are you up to these days?

Courtney said...

Hey, that looks like the beach from "Twilight!" And "Goonies," too!!

You are a brave, brave soul, Jamie. I loathe camping, and would rather do just about anything else. Glad you guys had a fun time, though!

Steffy said...

Looks like fun. Mom thinks you look like you are freezing. I can't wait to come visit.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Looks so pretty and fun!!

Busted Shoelace said...

I never pictured you as a camping type of person. I'm not a fan myself, but camping on the beach for one night sounds okay.