Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Reading

I remember when I was younger I couldn't wait for summer break so I could catch up on all my reading. I loved to relax by the pool with a great book. Since I haven't been working, I've had a lot of time to catch up on some reading. One of the books I finished a couple of weeks ago was "The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency". I loved it. I can't believe I haven't read these books before and they've been out awhile, I guess I'm a bit behind on this trend. It's a 10 book series and right now I'm half-way through the second book and it's just as good as the first. I can't wait to read all the books. Anyway, if you haven't read them or heard of them, it's about a woman who opens a detective agency in Botswana and she helps people solve mysteries in their lives. It's a wonderful book that reads more like a story than a mystery. If you are not into reading, HBO has done a series on the books. I can't wait to see those once I've read all the books.



Another book I read a few months ago is called "Rigged: The True Story of a Ivy League Kid who Changed the World Of Oil, from Wall Street to Dubai". This book is about the Mercantile Exchange and how two guys helped set up the exchange in Dubai. I found this book to be fascinating, but I love anything to do with Wall Street and the Stock Market. I think it goes back to when I saw the movie "Wall Street". There was just something about that movie that hooked me. Anyway, if you like Stock Market books, this is a good one.


What books are you reading this summer?

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Jamie, you and your Wall Street. How I miss you so!

Nicole Hernandez said...

I have read "No.1 Ladies Det. Agency" in the Book Club I'm in. Right now I'm reading "Gone With the Wind"-it is awesome-everyone should read it!

Lisa said...

I will have to check that one out of the library. It sounds interesting. Since you know I love to read :)

You have always loved Wall Street. I still laugh at the time when you ask for the book "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" for Christmas and we were like "What". Oh the memories.

Cefalo Family said...

I won't lie to you when I say I couldn't get through the #1 ladies detective agency. So many people recommended it and I tried a couple of times. Maybe when i'm home in a couple of months I'll try again. I love series books. You'll have to recommend some others to read.

PDXTingeys said...

Oh, "Gone with the Wind" would be a good one to read, I love the movie.

Kara said...

My favorite books I have read lately are Little Heathens and The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio. I couldn't put either of them down!

Steffy said...

I have that det. agency--I might have to pick that up and read. I am kind of stuck in my book--when I say stuck-I mean I keep falling asleep when I read it--I haven't moved passed the first 3 pages. (it's called 3 cups of tea)