Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm baking bread now!


So I've been interested in baking bread for the past few months, but honestly was a little intimidated with the bread making process. My mom's a great bread maker, but I remember all the time it took. So when I saw the post on Lifehacker on how to make artisan style bread in five minutes, I jumped at it. The recipe is taken from a great book "Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day" by Jeff Hertzberg MD and Zoe Francois. Jamie's mother showed us another bread she cooked in a dutch oven, so I looked up their website and found how to do this with their recipe. It's super easy just like their bread. The bread is so good and we've already devoured our first loaf and have made our second one. Here's a photo of the results while cooling. I'm looking forward to enjoying this loaf too! :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks delicious! If I get brave enough, I will try to make it! (The fact that there is no kneading involved makes this an actual possibility.) :)

Emily said...

thrilled for this! my breadmaker broke and i was needing (ha no pun intended) a fix for fresh bread! yay!

Lisa said...

Looks Good!