Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fashion's Night Out in Portland


Fashion's Night Out originated in New York City last year and it was such a success that Anna Wintour of Vogue wanted to make this year's party international. I was so excited to hear that Portland was participating. Last Friday, I headed downtown right after work to check it out. I really enjoyed going to all the different stores. Banana Republic had live models in their stores and were offering light refreshments. Nordstrom was serving delicious mocktails and had a DJ playing music. Seth Aaron, the Project Runway winner from last season, who is also from the Portland area, was at Macy's. He was doing a little presentation and mostly taking questions from the audience. I only stayed and listened to him for about 20 minutes. I wanted to see what else was going on. There was supposed to be a fashion show in Directors Park, but I must have missed it or it happened later, but I never did get to see that. All in all it was a fun night. Maybe next year I'll have to go to NYC, I heard it was quite the party.


Posted by Picasa
Seth Aaron at Macy's, not the best picture, I had a hard time getting a good one with my camera


Another picture of Seth Aaron


Anna Wintour at the NYC Fashion's Night Out

2 comments:

Busted Shoelace said...

Sounds fun! Seth Aaron is probably my favorite designer and contestant/winner of all of the Project Runway seasons. And trust me, I've seen them all. Not too impressed with the designers this season.

Bekah: said...

That sounds crazy fun Jamie! You always do the coolest things!