Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Apartment

I can't believe how long it's been since my last blog post, I've definitely got some catching up to do. First of all, last weekend we moved to a new apartment in downtown Portland. We really enjoyed living in Hillsboro and met a lot of great friends out there, but we wanted to be closer to downtown. We love to go out to eat and were always driving downtown anyway, so we figured that we would make the move to be closer. We found a great apartment in the South Waterfront area of downtown. Also, I'm super close to work now, no more dealing with traffic on the 26 and I'm pretty happy about that. We are still trying to organize our apartment, so once we get that all done I'll post some pictures. In the meantime, I wanted to post this picture. I absolutely love this idea. Jeff saw this in one of the design books I got from the library and he thought it would work nicely in our new kitchen. We got the shelves from Ikea. I love how the cookbooks give a pop of color to the room.



4 comments:

Jen said...

Cool idea! You'll have to post more pics as you get your apartment set up... I'm sure it will be looking amazing :) Enjoy the new place!

Lisa said...

Awesome idea! I can't wait to see more pics!

Carolyn said...

Glad you're already enjoying your new place! And I hope you feel bad for leaving us all behind here in Hillsboro :)
We have the same shelves in the playroom for all the kids' books - love this idea!

Jenna said...

This looks really good! And I can't wait to see more pics :)