Saturday, April 11, 2009

Farmer's Market

This morning Jeff and I got up early and went to the Farmer's Market in Portland. We immediately headed over to the Pine State Biscuits booth. They have the best biscuit sandwiches. Jeff took me to Pine State Biscuits the first time I came up to Portland to visit him. I was very excited to find out they have a booth at the Farmer's Market on Saturdays. We both got the McIsley, which is fried chicken with pickles, mustard and honey. I usually don't like a lot of fried food, but I make an exception for this sandwich, it's delicious.

After a wonderful breakfast, we wandered around the market. We got some produce, including leeks, which I've never had before and I'm very excited to try them. We also bought some wonderful desserts. We had a stawberry and rhubarb tart and we bought some cookies at a place called Two Tarts. Yeah, we went a little crazy with the sweets, but it's a holiday weekend.

On a side note, I noticed on Facebook that our friend Elizabeth saw Keri Russell at the Farmer's Market this morning. I can't believe I missed her. I guess we'll just have to hang out at the Market every Saturday morning.


 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok you totally caught my attention at your friend seeing Keri Russell at the farmer's market-I didn't even know she lives in Portland-holy cow!!!! Jamie, you know your job-take your camera to the farmer's market and if you see her just happen to get a picture with her in the background!

Courtney said...

Keri Russell lives in Portland? I had no idea!! Those biscuit sandwiches look really yummy - I want one!!

Elizabeth said...

I know - I love seeing celebrities. Just a heads up that Keri Russel, Harrison Ford and Brendan Fraser are filming in Portland through June, so be on the lookout:) Oh. And Pine State Biscuits rock!

PDXTingeys said...

I love Harrison Ford! I'll have to be on the look out for him!